Using a smartphone in college is essential, especially today. Most student assignments are received online due to the pandemic. Even leaving the pandemic aside, smartphones are an incredibly helpful tool for any student. Not only do they help you set a daily reminder for your school assignments, but they also help you get from point A to B when lost on campus, for example.
Smartphones have become an important part of our lives, so when choosing one for ourselves, we’ve got to be mindful about it. We will be discussing the necessity of owning a smartphone and then, show you the best option for college students.
How Can a Smartphone Help a Student?
- Your smartphone helps you stay connected to your assignments. When you’re not carrying your computer around, it can be an easy way to check what new tasks you’ve received from your professors. Most websites are mobile-friendly now, so accessing content online should not be a problem.
- Recording your lectures is another advantage of carrying a smartphone with you. Some professors talk really fast, so having the opportunity to record their lessons can come in handy. Plus, you can always download a writing app on your phone and practice your skills while on the bus or subway, as EDUbirdie specialists recommend. If you’re not completely sure of your writing skills, you can always contact an online writing agency and get essays for free. An example essay can be helpful when you’re not completely satisfied with your writing. Not many agencies offer essays for you for free, but you can always try asking for some samples. Observing another writer’s work is essential when strengthening your own writing skills.
- You could also take notes on your smartphone and save them for later. All you have to do is download Evernote, Google Drive, or Dropbox and your notes are safe until you get home. These apps coordinate with your computer, so you don’t have to carry your laptop with you everywhere you go. Plus, you get to use all the amazing gadgets your smartphone comes with.
- Another important reason to get an efficient smartphone is that you can listen to podcasts on your way to class and back. Instead of losing precious time worrying about your next exam, you can relax and listen to an interesting podcast about your favorite topic.
- The calendar app is quite useful for most students, since they can easily set reminders for events and assignments to come.
- You can also watch Netflix on your smartphone or read your favorite book while waiting for the bus to arrive.
- A smartphone is also an effective tool for contacting your professors and keeping an open conversation with them. You could Zoom when something seems off with your assignments, and I’m sure they’ll be happy to respond to any questions you might have.
- You could also keep a journal on your smartphone and type out anything you have in mind. We don’t always carry paper and pencils around, so having a place where your thoughts can freely unravel can be helpful.
- By owning a smartphone, you could also study the newest traveling deals for students, book a plane, and enjoy your next adventure.
What Are the Best Smartphones for Students?
After researching – and researching some more, we came up with the top 5 smartphones any college student should consider. Check it out and let us know what you think (especially if you already own one of these smartphones).
- Samsung Galaxy S20 or S20 Plus. Affordable and easy interface, an eye for detail when it comes to camera features. It allows wireless charging, which is helpful for any college student. it also comes with an empty slot for a new micro-SD card.
- Google Pixel 4A. This smartphone has a 5.8-inch full HD resolution display and can store up to 128 GB. The coolest thing about it is that it is Google signed, so it will automatically update your software.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10. This is the best option if you’re looking to take notes on your smartphone. It’s got handwriting recognition and other creative features such as the new GIF creation app or a brand-new messaging design.
- iPhone 12 Pro. Apple is always easy to use, so this phone has an easy user interface. It is also water and dust resistant, so no more problems if you’re partying by the pool.
- Redmi Note 9 Pro. The coolest thing about this smartphone are its four cameras, one of them having 48-megapixel and the other one 32-megapixel. This is a cheap option and an easy-to-use smartphone.
Knowing which smartphone to use is important for any college student. The simpler its interface is, the easier it is to use. Pick a smartphone that speaks to you and that you feel comfortable using. It will help you a lot on your college journey.
Cory Shilling is a renowned author and part-time copywriter. She helps students with their assignments and ensures that their work is well-done. In her free time, Cory likes to swim and play ping-pong.