We all use payments on the Internet and for us, it has already become commonplace. But can we be 100% sure that they are secure? Even when we use mobile applications, we should always check the site where we pay for something. When it comes to online casinos, security is a priority for them.
What measures can be taken for your safety in online casinos?
Even though online casinos are trying to protect their players, more than one Internet resource in the world cannot promise 100% protection. Therefore, you should follow a few simple rules to reduce the risk of danger.
- Try to make more complex passwords. Add different symbols, letters of different sizes, and numbers. Now various services can generate a strong password for you. Also, never save passwords in the browser.
- Install antivirus software and be sure to update it regularly.
- Use VPN. This will allow you to make a secure connection to the server. In addition, you can enter casinos where there are regional restrictions from the government.
- Check websites and apps before visiting them to avoid identity phishing. When going to the site, pay attention if the letter “S” is after “HTTP”. If it is there, then you can trust this resource.
- Do not forget about updating the operating system on your phone or computer. This will help fight new viruses and other troubles.
What do casinos do for the safety of their customers?
Every year the online casino industry is becoming more and more regulated. The security of personal data is of increasing concern to players and gambling establishments are taking many measures to protect your money and information. Various gaming technology trends are emerging that will determine the future of this industry. But now they use such technologies:
- Communication encryption. To guarantee the safety of players’ personal data, the online casino encrypts the data of its users. You can always check the site you’re visiting by clicking on the padlock next to the search bar. There you should find an SSL certificate, this is a sign that the information is secure.
- Access control. The client can only access the resource by being authenticated. As a rule, this happens after changing the IP or device from which the entry was made earlier. Casinos also set up two-factor authentication. You need to have access to email and phone at the same time to use the services of the site.
- Analysis and testing by external auditors. To prove the reliability of its system, the online casino engages a third party that provides a report on the reliability of the company.
Licensing and regulation
As a rule, information about the license that the casino uses is located at the bottom of the site. By clicking on it, you will find out if the casino is reliable, when the license is received and when it expires. To compare with other gambling establishments on the Internet, it is best to use BestCasinoPlay ratings, where security ratings will be displayed. Now there are many licensing organizations for online gambling, and here are some of them:
The Malta Gaming Authority is the governing body for all gaming activities in Malta. Their goal is to ensure the honesty and transparency of the services provided.
The Kahnawake Gaming Commission is one of the most popular regulatory bodies among online casinos. One of their missions is to ensure that user payments are secure.
Curacao is probably the most popular place among online casinos to obtain a license. This is all due to zero income tax, which makes this island very attractive for all businessmen.
There is also an organization that aims to protect players and this is eCOGRA. Its mission is to comply with the rules of fair play, the safety of players and to control the integrity of online casinos. If your account has been blocked or your money has not been paid. You can always contact them.
As a result
Internet security is very important and now the best casinos strictly adhere to all the standards that are approved by the regulators, which force competitors to follow the same standards. So everyone can play for money on the Internet and at the same time not worry about the safety of their savings.
Eric Wyatt is a journalist and Internet security specialist. Developed a set of rules for using the Internet to protect your personal data. Eric collaborates with various gambling platforms and helps them improve the security of online casino users.